We've hit a bump in the road. On Monday JaCoby's nurse changed a diaper that looked off to her so she decided to send a sample to the lab to see if there was blood in it. His belly was tender and measuring the same as before but she wanted to be safe not sorry. That night I went in to nurse him and the NNP(Neonatal Nurse Practitioner)said that it was nothing and she thought it had been cancelled. Tuesday morning Dr. Bentley called and said it came back positive for blood but they weren't too concerned because his lab work looked good and the xray looked clear. He told me to start preparing to bring him home. An hour later he called and said that they found something on the xray that looked like neumatosis(sp?) That is an infection in the bowels that can be life threatening. I was terrified. They told me they were moving him to Primary Children's Hospital. Marcus and I arrived at LDS at 11:30 and they had him ready to go. Another Dr. showed us the xray and told us it wasn't as serious but they still didn't feel comfortable keeping him there. He was going to be moved to the new IMC in Murray.
They have been taking xray's of his belly every two hours and last night August 6 the neumatosis was gone. Now we have to wait ten days on bowel rest which means he can't eat anything. It is so hard to see him struggling and crying for something to eat. But at least we know he is clear af the infection. After the ten days they start up feeding again but slowly. We are looking at another two to three weeks in the NICU.
Please keep JaCoby and our other children in your prayers. This has been so difficult on all of us. Thank you so much for everything you've done for us.
They have been taking xray's of his belly every two hours and last night August 6 the neumatosis was gone. Now we have to wait ten days on bowel rest which means he can't eat anything. It is so hard to see him struggling and crying for something to eat. But at least we know he is clear af the infection. After the ten days they start up feeding again but slowly. We are looking at another two to three weeks in the NICU.
Please keep JaCoby and our other children in your prayers. This has been so difficult on all of us. Thank you so much for everything you've done for us.




3 comments:
We love you guys so much, and are praying for you every day. If you need more help with Kaden let me know. We had so much fun that day he came over. Stay strong, he will be home soon.
It is soo good to hear from you, your family is beautiful!I am sorry to hear about your baby he is so tiny that would be so hard I couldnt imagine, you are so strong! Thanks Chance is so much fun I love being a mom.
WHAT CAN I DO???? I'm so helpless. I call Angie on regular basis to find out what's goin' on... I'm sick for you guys... PLEASE let me know if there anything I can help with....
So much love and prayers thrown at your family...
jules
Post a Comment